Wednesday, October 1, 2008

WHY DID MALAYSIAN MUSICIAN DECLARE A RIDICULOUS 90:10?

As a common people, Im trying to make any comments regarding to Malaysian Musicians’ declaration that Malaysian Song should be played 90% by their local radio stations. It means that the rest 10% pointed to international songs, included Indonesian Songs. By far, many Malaysia local radio stations played Indonesian Songs which are very popular among the Malaysian, both for local consumption and Indonesian Citizen living there. Dewa 19, Slank, Peter Pan, Gigi, Agnes Monica, Mulan Jameela, Padi, and so on are well recognized, their popularity is easily rising up due to their musical ability and personal attributes.

Now, I’m going to have a flashback to the classic era of P. Ramlee. When I was a kid, I often listened to his music through my parents’ audio equipment and Malaysia local prominent TV Station, TV3. Many his songs’ became familiar to my ear (i.e: Engkau Laksana Bulan or Anakku Sadzali). The more I listened to him, the more I admired his charm existence. Not only to his music, but also to his legendary movies.

I read an article in local newspaper today. It reports that at the year of 50’s and 60’s many Indonesian musician acted as a mentor for Malaysian musician. Not less those Malaysian became a well-educated and professional in their music field, created good quality music and arts. In the decade of 90’s, their artists ‘attacked’ Indonesia and very soon became very popular artists to our ears. Let me tell a part of them: Search (with the very famous vocalist Amy Search), Sheila Madjid, Siti Nurhalizah, KRU, and so on… and so on… I thought our similarity in native language, added by their easy listening songs, made them an idol for some people in Indonesia.

Now, my biggest QUESTION ended by the QUESTION MARK… is… How come they have any idea about that 90:10? Tell and explain me about that....

Btw, Happy Idul Fitri! Let’s make ‘it’ clean in heart… My fondest apology for you all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yeah... malaysian!